If one of the reasons you come here is to enjoy the famous beautiful virgin tropical rainforest of Taman Negara in Pahang but you are here still looking for cheaper alternatives while living in KL, look no further. Yes, Taman Negara is awesome and has all of these big gorgeousness of rivers and waterfalls but have you heard of FRIM?
1. FRIM is a forest reserve here in the city of Kuala Lumpur. And it is B-E-A-UTIFUL.
Cant tell the difference from Taman Negara huh.
2. You can face your fears walking on this bad ass canopy walk.
3. Find romance and take awesome couple pictures.
4. Dip you toes in fresh cold rainforest steams.
5. Go mushroom hunting
6. Look at old wooden kampong style malay houses.
7. Take bad ass instagram worthy pictures
8. Stare at the canopy
9. Have a great family day
10. Have a picnic
11. Take time to smell the flowers.
12. Go on a awesome yet not so tiring hike.
13. Meditate cause the city is bonkers
14. Create memories
15. Last of all, the best way to see the park, get on a bike.
How to get there?
FRIM ( Forest Research Institute of Malaysia) is located 25 mins from the city center of Kuala Lumpur. The forest reserve is open to public and many city dwelling Malaysians flock to the reserve to get away from the hectic city. With many activities at low prices, this attraction is one of the best hidden secrets of this south east asian metropolis. While many tourists often overlook this patch of greenery and opt for the option to go to Taman Negara in Pahang, it is a great sampler at a nearer location if you want to experience venturing into a tropical rain forest without making a dent on your budget.
Fun tip : The size of the forest reserve is rather large to get around by foot. There are various hiking and biking trails carving a labyrinth in the forest. Take it from a local, it is best to rent a bike is the best option. Not only it is the best way to get around the place, it is affordable and it puts a touch of excitement to your itinerary.
Enjoy more savings because we all know we always appreciate help on saving on a few bucks living the backpacker life.
Click me for awesome exclusive discounts on bike rides in FRIM.
Unfortunately, getting there via public transport is quite a task therefore, I would suggest you get an Uber or a taxi. So, sit back and relax, and let you friendly neighborhood uber drive you there.
Click on the image and you are well off to your taste of Malaysia’s authentic tropical rain forest.